MRP software is a tool that helps the managers calculate the number of materials required for manufacturing. MRP helps in identifying the inventory and then schedules the production process
. MRP streamlines the production process by:
1. Delivering the right materials at the right time for initiating the production process.
2. Maintaining the lowest level of inventory. This helps in bringing the cost down.
3. Optimally using the manufacturing resources.
On the other hand, Enterprise Resource Planning software is a business management software that connects all the core operations together and helps businesses increase their bottom-line. Let’s talk about the relationship between ERP and the production process.
1. ERP improves production schedule as it manages procurement, pricing, and payment of raw materials.
2. ERP ensures that the production of goods adheres to targets and deadlines.
3. ERP encourages fewer errors in production and more profitability.