The world is transforming as we speak. This pandemic has caused major shifts in how businesses are conducted and life is carried out. With the world under global quarantine and traditional ways of business halted, both parties are resorting to technology and online streams. One of the biggest and most important of sectors, the pharmacy business, is no different in its approach in such times.
Statistics showed that modern customers prefer buying medicine online than having to make the effort in driving or walking themselves up to the pharmacy stores with a prescription on them. This is why medicine delivery apps are gaining more momentum than they did pre-COVID-19.
So if you are interested in knowing how a medicine delivery app is developed and what features should it include, then keep on reading as we explore the development of a medicine delivery app.
Online Shopping – But for Medicine
This is all there is to this, in a nutshell. You easily log into a pharmacy app, browse through the categories, find the medicine you require, add to the cart, and proceed to checkout. All it is left is the waiting game, which shouldn’t be more than a few hours to a day; if it is coming from a local pharmacy.
Such apps really save users from the hassle of commuting, waiting in queues, and end up not finding the medicine and having to go to another in search of the one you require. This is also a great plus point of a pharmacy app, as you can find the meds you need, and if it is not available, you can request them to get them for you (depending on the features).
Now, let’s sort all the advantages that are making medicine delivery apps all the rave.
Reasons Why Medicine Delivery Apps Are Popular
- Say no to travel: Since you receive medicines at your doorstep, you do not even have to visit a local store and take an exhausting trip to and from the pharmacy. For users that are old, have a medical condition, are sick in general, handicapped, or live in remote areas can really take advantage of the delivery-at-your-door-step app.
- Push notifications: Nothing’s best than having an app taking care of your medicine needs with scheduled reminders, offering incentives, discounts, and any other important information that needs to be conveyed to the users.
- Proper information on medicine: Customers can get details about the medicine they are browsing and really educate themselves about the variations, dozes, and instructions.
- Privacy: Not everyone wants to showcase their prescriptions or ask loudly for their medicine. This is where a mobile app plays a great role in maintaining the privacy of the user when ordering medications.
Pharmacy Delivery App Development:
First, you need to define the roles that will be available in your app and the various permissions that will be allocated to each persona – be it customer, pharmacist, admin, and in-house courier.
As for the features, here are the features assigned to each user-profile.
Features of Customers
- Registration and login: Customers should be able to register and then log in to your app, that they would ask for their required details – which includes name, phone number, email, and password.
- User profiles: Customers should have the liberty to add or subtract their delivery addresses, payment details, and more to adjust according to their current requirements.
- Prescription uploads: Buying medicine without a proper prescription is prohibited. So customers should be able to upload theirs so that it can be reviewed by a pharmacist.
- Med details: How will they make the right selection if the medicine doesn’t provide proper details and instructions along with the information on the manufacturer.
- Substitute search: Generic alternative search options should be provided to the customers. So in case, they do not have the exact drug, they can look for an alternative.
Features for Pharmacies
- Store Details: A pharmacy manager should be able to control the listing of each medication and add, change, or delete the information as required.
- Order notifications: The app should provide all notifications on incoming and previous orders to the manager to dispatch orders.
- Price management: Managers of the app should be able to change the prices of the medicine, and keep all the details updated.
- Order history and management: The working staff of the pharmacy should be able to streamline all orders for processing, refunds, and returns. Moreover, the managers should be able to access order histories for any references and check-ups.
- Ratings and reviews: There should be options to manage user reviews and ratings.
- Payments: As there is an in-app payment option, similarly, the pharmacy associated with the apps should be able to receive the payment directly in the app and also should have the option to track all payments and view abandoned carts.
- Similar medication suggestion features: Medicines that have the best alternatives or have similar medicine should be suggested alongside or below to maximize the purchasing power.
- In-app prescriptions: The staff should be able to view the uploaded prescriptions and approve them for medicine dispatch.
Features of admins
- Marketing tools: admins of the app should be able to run campaigns to drive conversions, highlight the brand name, increase loyal customers, and sell more medicine online.
- Inventory: The admins should be able to control the inventory, remove medication that has passed the expiry date, update, add, subtract, and more.
- Money forecast: Admins should be able to check their monthly, weekly, and yearly earnings.
- User and supply management: the admins should also have the control and features to manage their registered users, suppliers, and manufacturers.
Features of courier ecosystem
- Courier profile: all their courier staff should have a separate profile with their personal details and their delivery log.
- Order notifications: Once an order is placed with an address that a courier delivers to, they should receive the notification in their own profile. This is a great way to keep everything organized is through locations. Each courier has a group of locations they target, and whenever they receive order in those areas, they get the alert.
- Tracking: Google maps should be integrated within the app, so during deliveries, the couriers can use them to locate, deliver, and track.
- Delivery status: Each courier upon accepting the order can generate a status – accepted, in-process, dispatched, and delivered.
These were the must-have features and profiles of the pharmacy delivery app, considering the app is an entire online-store they provide its customers with the ease to browse, select and have their medicine delivered on to their doorstep without them having to put themselves and others in danger during COVID-19.
The pandemic has really made every make a quick shift of lifestyle and mindset leaving them with technology as their only way to stay connected, updated, and safe. If you are a business that is looking to invest in a similar app, then consulting a professional software development company in Houston will be a great idea. Not only you will get to speak your idea with the IT experts, but they will help you in the entire journey of the app development that is COVID-19 sensitive and caters to your target audience with the right features.
All there will be left would be adequate marketing, which also needs to change with keeping the tough circumstances in mind. Digital marketing campaigns need to be devised around empathy, support, and promotion. So start your own mobile app journey today and tap into the lucrative market space that has spiked in revenue amid COVID-19.