Bimatoprost is an ophthalmic drug that is used all over the world for the treatment of glaucoma. It is a severe eye disease that directly impacts your vision and even can cause permanent loss of it. The problem happens due to the increase in the pressure inside the eye and damages the optic nerve in the eye, which sends the visual signals to the brain. As the nerve gets damaged, the vision of the person affected by glaucoma can get partially or completely lost. Hence, it is vital to treat the problem as soon as you detect the issue, or else, it will result in complete vision loss.
The eye solution of Bimatoprost helps in easing the pressure inside the eye and aids in restoring the eyesight to a large extent in the glaucoma patients. You can apply this ophthalmic solution in the affected eye according to the doctor’s instruction. There are some precautionary measures that you have to adhere to while using the ophthalmic drug of Bimatoprost for the treatment of glaucoma.
• You must apply only one drop of the solution in the affected eye and not more than the directives of the doctor.
• Wash your hand properly first to avoid contamination of the solution and do touch the tip of the dropper while using it.
• Tell your doctor if you have any allergic reaction towards the ingredient of Bimatoprost eye drop.
• Do not use the eye serum if you are affected by an eye infection or have recently undergone any eye surgery.
• Pregnant women should consult the doctor before using the eye drop for glaucoma treatment.
• It is also used for cosmetic purposes like enhancing eyelashes. In case you are using the solution for that, then see that the serum does not enter your eyes.
• Do not drive or operate machinery after using the drug as it causes unstable vision for some time.