Convert or transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
Nowadays people are using MS Outlook for organization and personal uses. It is the best desktop-based email client rather than others like Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Opera Mail, Postbox, and Sea Monkey, etc. If they need to migrate from all the above-mentioned email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook, for those users here I am going to describe the need and working process of the software.
In today’s arena, email clients play a vital role in sending and receiving mails. MS Outlook is widely used as a flexible mail client with robust features such as contact management and social media connectivity. It has a simple and user-friendly interface for easy handling and also helps the user to set appointments and reminders in Outlook calendars. It s a highly secured mailing client that protects their data from spams and other phishing activities. MS Outlook has various versions such as 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. The Outlook creates two types of data files i.e OST (offline storage table) and other is PST (personal storage table). On the other side, Mozilla Thunderbird is a mail client that is used thousands across the world. It uses the MBOX data file. It is free, open-source, less cost and workable with multiple platforms like Ubuntu, Linux, and Windows. Having too many features but Thunderbird has some constraints that incline users towards Outlook.
How to move from Thunderbird to Outlook?
There are two methods to move the Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook migration- one is the manual method and another professional method.
a) Manual method: using drag and a drop-down menu
To continue the process follow the steps
- Run Mozilla Thunderbird application in the system.
- Open the message that is going to be exported to Outlook.
- Choose the single or entire mailbox as per requirement.
- Right-click on selected messages and choose Save as an option.
- Click on the Select folder and export the message.
- Launch MS Outlook.
- Go to the menu and choose the New Folder option.
- Provide name according to choice and click on the OK button.
- Choose the recently created folder and Select the mails that being to be exported.
- Click and drag the mails fro TB to Outlook middle pane.
- TB data will be exported successfully.
The manual method has some limitations like data loss & data corruption, not assured data, and it does not maintain the folder hierarchy. So, there is a requirement of an expert solution that easily export the Thunderbird MBOX data Outlook PST.
b) Professional method: using a third-party tool
MailsSoftware Thunderbird to Outlook Converter is the most trustworthy solution to convert the Mozilla Thunderbird data to Outlook PST. Follow the few steps and you will get the Thunderbird data to Outlook.
- Download and install the software in the system.
- Click on the Add file option.
- A dialog box appears- Autoload the TB data or browse the MBOX file from the system. Then proceed with the Next button.
- The preview of Thunderbird MBOX data will appear.
- Click on the Export option, a window appears, Choose an Export option from the drop-down menu >> Provide file naming conventions to save the e-mails >> Provide destination path to save the exported TB e-mails.
- The TB data will be exported successfully on the desired path.
Features of the Thunderbird to PST Converter software
- The tool is designed with simple GUI.
- It quickly adds TB data and generates the preview.
- The Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook PST software keeps the actual folder hierarchy and rich-text formatting structure.
- It exports the Thunderbird data to EML, MSG, HTML, MHTML, and RTF format.
- The application helps the user to export the emails by the date range filter.
- It provides the option to merge the single or separate PST files during exportation.
- It helps the user to export the email with the date range filter such as To, From, date, etc.
- The utility is easy to run with all Windows and supportive with all Outlook editions.
In this blog, I have discussed both manual approach and professional way for Thunderbird to Outlook migration. But due to some limitations, the manual way is not suitable for bulk exportation, and the risk of data loss. So, I would suggest downloading the demo version of the software to know the working functionality of the application.