To use a screw extractor set productively, follow the steps below.
- The first step involves preventive measures to avoid potential injuries such as eye injury during certain processes. Wear safety glass, especially when using a screw extractor for drilling, striking or cutting screw delicate procedure.
- Make sure to align the center punch with the center of the stripped or wrecked screw and strike it with a hammer. Furthermore, make a small indentation in the center of the screw to help guide the drill bit.
- Use a drill bit that is smaller in diameter than the screw or fastener and secure it to the power drill. Moist the head of the broken screw with a small drop of thread cutting oil for smooth drilling. If the stripped screw is rusted or fastened to metal roughly, drop a little amount of penetrating oil on the threads to help set free its grip.
- Now align the drill bit with the punched spot on the screw head. Drill gently, ensuring the drill and bit are aligned with the screw. Drill about 1/8” to ¼” into the screw head; the depth will rely on the size of the screw extractor you’ve employed.
- The final step is using the screw extractor. Place the tip of your handy screw extractor into the bored hole. The method to use a screw extractor will entirely depend on the particular model you’re using, but you’ll most likely employ a wrench or drill to rotate the tool counterclockwise. When you turn the screw extractor, its threads will draw it in until it bites into the hole. After you feel the extractor take control, continue rotating counterclockwise and steadily remove the stripped or broken screw.
Where to Get the Best Extraction Socket Sets?
It’s the most genuine thing that readers want to know after mastering the working of a screw extractor. If you want to get a high-quality bolt extraction socket set, you should buy the ROCKETSOCKET – Damaged Bolt, Nut & Screw – All-In-One-Tool Set. This set is incredibly useful for people who struggle with removing damaged, stripped, rusted and frozen fasteners. The extractors are engineered to fit damaged bolts, nuts and screws of multiple sizes and shapes so this set won’t let you go anywhere else. In addition to this, this set is available with a limited lifetime warranty and at a fair price. It will allow you to remove those broken and weathered fasteners with a minimal amount of effort.
If our blog helped you even a little bit, we win. But if you seek additional guidelines on how to extract a screw, find us by your side even then. We have been helping repairers of all levels for years