Activity Streams Forums Random What are the most useful makeup tips and tricks?

Tagged: 

7 replies, 6 voices Last updated by  Amelia 6 months ago
  • Author

alisha
    Participant
    @alisha

What are the most useful makeup tips and tricks?
    this is the common question of girls… let start discussion …

Sidra Classay @

1.Start with clean skin.

Wash with a gentle cleanser or simply use a toner to wipe away any impurities from your skin.

2.Apply a light moisturizer.

This will keep your skin from getting too oily during the day, and will help moisturize any dry patches on yourskin.

 Wait five minutes before putting on foundation (see the next step) so that the moisturizer can sink in.

3.Dab on a tinted moisturizer or a light foundation to your skin.

Apply just a few spots with your fingers to your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, then blend with fingers or a foundation brush, working the spots outwards from the center in all directions.

 If you want more coverage, you can use a makeup sponge to apply, using the same blending technique.

4.Put a little concealer under the eyes.

Use a small pointed brush to dot a bit where under-eye circles are darkest, usually at the inner and outer corners of the eye. Add a speck to other blemishes that arent covered by the foundation and blend into the skin.

5.Set the concealer and moisturizer with a translucent powder.

Apply it to your face, ideally using a velvet-y powder puff (as opposed to a powder brush, as that leaves a lot of loose powder) in a pressing motion. Use a powder brush to flick off any excess. If you are using a powder brush to apply, tap off the excess powder before applying to your face in circular motions

6.Apply an eyeshadow of your choice to your eyelid.

For beginners, try a single neutral shade like taupe or aubergine. Use a rounded shadow brush or your finger and make quick, short swipes across the lid, working your way up to the brow bone.

7.Apply eyeliner.

Use a black or brown pencil and apply along the rim of your upper lash line in short strokes.

 Lift your upper lid with one hand and look down into a mirror as you apply with your other hand.

8.Curl your lashes.

Place a lash curler at the base of your upper eyelashes (along the lid) and press for five seconds.

9.After this, apply mascara.

Apply to the upper and lower lashes with the tip of the wand oriented towards the outer corner of your eye.

One coat should suffice for this look.

10.Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks.

Smile as you do this so you can clearly see where the apples are. Dab on the blush and blend upwards towards your temples.

11.Apply lipstick or lip gloss.

Pucker your lips like you're about to plant a kiss and dab the lip color to the center of your upper and lower lip. This first application can be straight from the tube; then, use your fingers to blend outwards, adding color with your fingertips as needed.

Check yourself in bright light – daylight if possible – to make sure everything is blended and beautiful

Sidra Classay
    Participant
    @sidra

Before applying makeup, firstly know the type of your skin and choose the beauty products and cosmetics accordingly. Also learn some basic tips and tutorials of applying makeup properly.

Amelia
    Participant
    @Amelia

I think if the foundation clogs your pores, then you didn’t do a great job to clean your pore.

Try the foreo brush to clean out the pores and breakouts on your face. Maybe you can also change the way you take care of your skin (since this is about makeup, I’m not gonna continue to discuss the skincare routine).

If you wear glasses, my tips is to toned down the eye makeup, maybe you can use brown mascara since your hair is blonde and brown will look softer than black mascara.

Many people also said that brown eyeshadow will compliment blue eyes, you can try that too.

Also, since you’re quite fair (you didn’t tell us your undertone exactly) then you can choose lots of lipstick color to wear. From reds to plum, I guess you can rock it all.

If you’re confident, try Rebel from MAC. It’s a great lipstick and I guess it would suit your purple rim.

Alyce
    Participant
    @alyce

A couple of months ago, I threw out all the makeup I owned and started over. I’ve bought way to much since I’m usually to lazy to put it on. I don’t regret it, I’ve bought both high end and cheaper brands and so far I’ve at least used everything once.

Alex Jones
    Participant
    @alex

Less is more. No make up is better than too much. 😛

falaq @

1:Never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
    2:Use your fingers to apply your foundation if you want sheer coverage and a brush for medium to full coverage.
    3:Always apply powder where you are shiniest first–usually your T-zone–with a very light dusting everywhere else.
    4:You should put bronzer on your neck, face, and chest to even out your skin tone. Be sure to take a step back and make sure everything is the same color.
    5:When applying blush, smile, then dust the apples of your cheeks, then sweep pigment towards the tops of ears, then down toward the jawline.
    6:Trace brow pencil or powder along the tops of brows for an instant facelift.
    7:I

Amelia
    Participant
    @Amelia

EYE MAKEUP HACKS TO ADD TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE

From eyeliner to lipstick , to any kind of makeup, there are shortcuts and hacks to make life easier for you, simply so you don’t have to spend ages getting ready. We understand how much you need your sleep, so we’ve curated a bunch of hacks to ensure your eyes are ready for the day in minutes.

Apply a thin layer of white eyeliner all over your eyelid, and apply your regular eye shadow over it. The white really helps to intensify the colour of the eye shadow, and will make it pop.

Use the handle of the spoon to guide your eye liner, and then the rounded part to draw the top part. Then, just fill in your outline for a simple cat eye.

Hold the rounded part of your spoon against your upper eyelid, and under yor lower lashes while you apply your mascara. This will make sure that the extra mascara goes on the spoon, and not on your eyelids, or your cheek.

Draw a slanted hashtag at the outer corner of each eye with your eyeliner pencil. Smudge the lines gently with your finger, blending it well. Line the lower lid with your eyeliner, and apply a thick coat of mascara. Voila, a quick smokey eye, and barely any work!

You don’t need to buy high-definition mascara for your lashes to look fuller. Dust some translucent powder, or even baby powder, on your lashes between coats, and you’ve got fuller lashes without all the extra expense.

Don’t throw away mascara that has dried up; simply add a few drops of saline solution, and it’s as good as new.

Heat up your eyelash curlers using a hairdryer before you use it on your lashes. The heat will ensure that the lashes curl and stay longer.

Use this handy guide to know exactly which brush is used for what.

Use a dark matte eye shadow, and a wet brush to define your eyebrows, and make them stand out more.

Convert it into a smokey eye, by smudging and blending the edges with a blending brush, or a Q-tip.

Draw a rough line first, and sharpen it using a Q-tip and petroleum jelly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.