Activity Streams Forums Education Things to do when your your bored at school, or to annoy your teacher and class.

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Amelia 2 weeks, 1 day ago
  • Author

Samuel
    Participant
    @samboy1080

What are some things students can do to keeps themselves entertained. Also what are some funny stories from when people went to school? It can be anything, a fight, your first crush, or about the time you or a friend pranked the teacher. Post anything!!!

Samuel
    Participant
    @samboy1080

OK I will start. This one time in the fifth grade, My best friend and I were in art class, it was about Christmas time and we were making snow flakes. We had an idea to each make a snow flake and glue them together to make one big snow flake. We were about to be finished, when the teacher said it was time for lunch. Before lunch, my friend had put the cap back on the glue stick and when we returned, it was glued shut. I tried to pull it off, then he tried to pull it off, it was stuck. I have really bad ADD and was always messing with stuff. For some reason I sat there and just kept spinning the bottom. All of the sudden, the cap popped off, and went flying across the room, where it hit my 70 year old teacher on her wrinkly forehead. I looked up as Ms. Sue was pulling the purple glue off her face, she then grabbed me by the ear and hauled my butt to the principles office. I tried to explain what had happened, and that it was an accident, but she insisted that I be in trouble. The Principal suspended me for the rest of the day, and my mom tore my butt up when I got home.

Bailey Reynolds
    Participant
    @Bailey

The method which I found to be far more effective than any other was quite simple. Skip to the last paragraph if you don’t care how I discovered what worked best for me. I’ve always suffered with attention issues. During my 9 years at college, I tried numerous methods to amp up my interest for the lectures. I doodled all over my notes, chomped away on candy, did isometric chair exercises and snapped my wrists with rubber bands. Those methods entertained me and possibly other students around me, but did nothing to CONNECT me. My grades were average. I felt minimal interest in the material my teachers were trying to teach so my comprehension level was low. During the third year, I attended a smaller class. Despite my usual mental lethargy, I asked to teacher a question. I felt all eyes on me. My heart rate went up. Would the teacher understand me? Would the others sigh because my question was irrelevant? My instructor smiled and answered my question pleasantly. Our connection shifted to a more personal level. Someone near me wrote down the answer to the question I had asked. I felt grateful for her taking time for me. I was focused and interested for the rest of the class.

I challenged myself to ask a question in larger more boring and difficult classes. It worked! I felt vested in the professor and the material they were trying to teach. Before you worry that I became one of those dreaded classroom monopolizes who asks a thousand questions, I will say I noticed asking a question did give me a slight rush. I realized my new found attention hack could potentially become addicting. I decided to limit myself to just one per class. Simply keeping myself alert for the opportunity to ask something kept me interested even in the most boring classes. It became a challenging game to play. My grades began to climb.

In short, my advice is simply to ask your teacher a question. See how you feel the rest of the class. This will connect you to your teacher and the material no matter how boring. If the class is not question-friendly, stay after class or email your teacher to ask a question. Asking will by-pass your boredom and connect you to your goal of learning. Listen to your lectures with a relevant question always ready on the tip of your tongue. Limit it to one so you don’t burden the teacher or the other students. Happy Studies:)

Samuel
    Participant
    @samboy1080

That is a good way to look at things, may be helpful to someone reading this, who is still in school.:)

Amelia
    Participant
    @Amelia

Maximum of the time we used to get bored! specially during the post lunch classes. After dozing off and hitting the table once or twice we used to gather our energy to do something interesting- which usually was our gaming session, we played plenty of games and have memories attached to each one.

1.Name,Place,Animal,Thing!
    2. Tic-Tac-Toe , I sure every one used to play this game on the tables.
    3. Bingo
    God! I remeber shouting at the top of my voice BINGO in our English Class and being kicked out of the class immediately!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.