Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

shailender
      Participant
      @shailender

Neck pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal disorders which have a significant economic burden on the health care system. Hence, researchers wanted to investigate the effect of muscle energy technique in the form of post isometric relaxation (PIR) with the traditional physical therapy treatment versus traditional physical therapy treatment alone on pain and range of motion (ROM) in patients with chronic mechanical neck pain (MNP).

Study Details

About thirty patients were randomly assigned to two equal groups.

Group A was given a traditional physical therapy program

Group B was given the same program in addition to the PIR technique instead of passive stretching.

Neck pain and disability were measured using neck pain and disability scale, while the OB goniometer measured ROM of the cervical spine.

Results: There were significant decreases (P<0.05) in pain, and there were significant increases (P<0.05) in ROM post-treatment for both groups. However, there were significant differences (P<0.05) between both groups post-treatment in the measurable variables.

Based on the results, the study concluded that adding the PIR technique to the conventional physical therapy treatment program of chronic MNP was more effective in reducing pain and functional disability and increasing cervical ROM than the traditional treatment program alone. https://wcts.app/9onyC

Awes
      Participant
      @Awequa

I think you should also take some medicine to relieve pain. I recommend that you check out canadapharmacy.com for this purpose. I am sure that you will find all the needed info for you there. Good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.