Activity Streams Forums Immigration how to get permanent residence certificate in USA ?

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Jaxon Floyd 3 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Author
  • #3396

    Haider Ali

    Here are some ways you can go about it:


    You can qualify you are an immediate family member of a US citizen (this includes: spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, parents of petitions who are at least 21.

    You can also pick up a Green Card if you fall into the “preference category” which includes: unmarried children over the age of 21, married children of any age, and siblings of a petitioner who is at least 21.

    If you are a family member of permanent resident.
    Also, if you are a member of the “special category” of people that includes: battered spouse or child, K non-immigrant, child of a foreign diplomat, V non immigrant, or a widower of a US citizen.


    May be eligible if you are offered a permanent position in the US.
    If you are an investor or entrepreneur that is establishing a business that creates US jobs.
    Self-petitioning if you fall into “extraordinary abilities category”
    Available for certain “special category” jobs


    If you are allowed in the US as either a refugee or asylee then you can apply for permanent residency after one year.

    Other ways:

    – Diversity Immigrant Visa Program
    – K non immigrant
    – Legal Immigration Family Equity Act
    – Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

    So you do have some options when it comes to getting a Green Card. Like I said, you want to be sure that you choose the best option for yourself as all of these processes have their own set of requirements. Your best bet? Get in touch with an immigration attorney. They can give you some advice on where to start and help you go over your qualifications.

    If you aren’t sure where to look for a good lawyer, check out LawTrades. We connect clients with handpicked attorneys that are the best of the best. Our lawyers will put you first and make sure that you not only understand the Green Card process, but help you with your best chances of approval. Check us out and get in touch for a consultation.

  • #3409

    Jaxon Floyd

    I immigrated to the US on an employment visa (L1-B) and then converted it once onshore to an IR-1 (my wife is American). Took maybe 3 months for the L1, another 5 months for the IR-1 and then another 5 months for the green card. Only a little more than a year all up, and several thousand bucks of course. Seems like I was lucky being able to use the L1 to get my foot in the door first (those are processed pretty quickly). Once I was here, I did the I-130 etc. from your process while onshore which probably makes it much faster than doing it from overseas.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.