India is always ranked on top by the national and international tourists for its hill stations. The beauty of these hill stations is enchanted which attracts the travelers massively. The beauty of these hill stations and beguile nature hypnotizes one to turn back every possible year to visit it.
These are the best places to visit for especially those who want to escape the scorching heat of the dry season. It always is progressive to traffic maddening rush for they provide space for mountaineering, trekking, rock climbing, and paragliding, mountain biking, skiing, and kayaking. These places are highly voted by newly married and people who like to attain mental peace and purify the soul.
It takes seconds to select any hill station to visit, but literally, it requires the complete detailed directory and well-organized plans to enjoy the breathtaking environment of any hill station.
Here, comes the role of the best travel agents to work out on every chapter for its customers providing the complete facility from itinerary to accommodation and best food of the place.
In, this article let us put an eye on some of the best hill stations with its preferred details to visit the place.
It is located in Himachal Pradesh, established in 1854 by the British Empire.
It is situated at 6000-9000 feet above the sea level. Tall Oak and Pine trees with scenic atmosphere, cool weather with limited population keeps space for good breathing.
The weather of Dalhousie comforts one to visit any time throughout the year, but still, summer is the most ideal time suited to visit the place.
Places for tourists to visit: –
- Andrew Church—church of Scotland
- PanjPulla—-five bridges memorial
- Subhash Baoli—-enthralling spot
- BaraPathar—–famous temple of Bhulwani Mata
- Satdhara—-picnic spot
- Kalatop—-wildlife sanctuary
- Laxmi Narayana Temple—built more than 150 years
- Banikhet—gateway to Dalhousie
- Bakrota Hills—-view the snow-covered city
Accommodation in Dalhousie: –
- Hotel Iris Gellasenheit
- Hotel Dalhousie Hills
- Hotel kings
- Snow Valley Resort
- Grand View hotel
Here, comes the role of the holiday tour operator to work out on every chapter for its customers providing the complete facility from itinerary to accommodation and best food of the place.
Ways to reach Dalhousie: –
- By road, Dalhousie is connected to all the major cities of Himachal Pradesh.
- The nearest railway station is Pathankot which is 80 Km. and connected to all the major cities
- By air, Amritsar is the nearest airport.
It is in North India, 50 km away from Srinagar. The natural beauty is the attraction of maddening tourist as this hill station has provided the background for Bollywood industry. It is counted as the paradise for a golfer in summer and best place for skier’s delight in winter.
The place is best to visit in winter days from November to February for skiing. It is always recommended as one of the best places to visit on hot days to skip the heat from the scorching sun.
Places for tourist to visit: –
- Gondola Lift—for a fun-filled ride
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserves—watch the rare and endangered species such as Musk deer, and Avifauna
- Khilanmarg—especially visited to view a piece of land carpeted with flowers in spring
- Alpather Lake—view the lumps of ice floating in cold water
- Ferozepore Nallah—the water stream is known for trout fishing
- Ningli Nallah—view the flowing of melting snow and ice on Alpather and Apharwat valley
- Shrine of Baba Reshi—-a tomb well known for Muslim saint who died here in 1480
Accommodation in Gulmarg
- Heevan Retreat Gulmarg
- Yemberzal hotel
- The Khyber Himalayan Resort and Spa
- Hotel Gulmarg
- Grand Mumtaz Resort Gulmarg
Ways to reach Gulmarg: –
- It takes nearly two hours by road to reach Gulmarg from Srinagar.
- The nearest railway line to Gulmarg is from Jammu.
- The airport situated in Badgam district is the best way by air and all the major cities are well connected to this airport.
It is one of the most visited hill stations by the tourists and lies in the lap of Kullu valley. It is spread along the banks of the river Beas. It is famous for its cool weather and adventurous spots. The green forest of Deodar and the snow-capped mountains are the main attraction of the place.
For, the people who can stand the extreme cold can visit the place throughout the year, or; otherwise, summer days are the best time to visit and recommended keeping the woolen clothes with one.
Places to visit in Manali:-
- Manu temple—named after the sage Manu and is believed he meditated here
- Handima Temple—famous for the carved door which is extremely beautiful
- Jagatsukh—famous Shiv temple in Shikara style
- Rahala waterfalls—beautiful waterfalls at an altitude of 2,501m
- Vashist hot water springs—a small village with natural Sulphur springs
- Solang valley—have good ski slopes and picnic spot
- Monasteries—recently built three Tibetan monasteries
- Keylong—monasteries of Kardung and Shashus are the main attraction
Accommodation in Manali: –
- Honeymoon Inn Manali
- Snow Valley Resort
- Banon Resorts Manali
- Quality Inn and Suites River Country Resort
- Manuallaya –The Resort Spa in the Himalayas
Ways to reach Manali: –
- Regular bus services are available connecting Kullu and Manali to the most in Himachal Pradesh
- The closest railroad is Jogindernagar, 135 km away
- Bhuntar is the nearest airport, 52 km. South of Manali
It is the largest of Maharashtra hill stations located in the western ghats of Maharashtra. There are 30 valley viewpoints on this hill station. Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani together make the most popular hill resort in Maharashtra. The natural beauty of the place attracts the peace lover, filmmakers, holidaymakers, and adventurers. The name of the place is derived from the God name “Mahabali”.
October to June is recommended as the best time to visit the place.
Places for tourists to visit: –
- Waterfalls—Lingmala waterfall, Dhobi waterfall, and Chinaman’s Waterfall are not to miss in Mahabaleshwar.
- Venna Lake—entertaining spot for who likes fishing
- Catholic Church—the old Roman Catholic Holy Cross Church
- Pratapgarh Fort—one can visualize the exquisite views of Konkan valley below and Raigad fort in the west
- Wilson point— the highest point of Mahabaleshwar, especially viewed the sunrise from the top of the towers
Accommodation in Mahabaleshwar: –
- Le Meridien Mahabaleshwar Resort and Spa
- Brightland Resort and Spa
- Bella Vista Resort
- The Grand Legacy
- Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar
Ways to reach Mahabaleshwar: –
- Daily bus services are available from except during monsoon from Mumbai –Mahabaleshwar –Mumbai. One can also travel from Mumbai via Pune or via Mahad.
- Pune is much convenient railroad for Mahabaleshwar. The nearest rail station is Wakad.
- Pune is the nearest airport for Mahabaleshwar.