Dental and oral health is an essential part of your overall health and well-being. Poor oral hygiene can lead to dental cavities or gum disease and has also been linked to heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Teeth are not only for a healthy smile but also helps make the digestion of food possible. But if you’re facing multiple dental problems then it is very necessary to opt. a professional dentist in Mesa. These days several dentists who are skilled and experienced offer you the very best dental care services 24/7. Whenever you need their services, they’re available for you.
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums is a life-long commitment. So the earlier you learn the proper hygiene, the more it will be easier for you to avoid costly dental procedures and long-term health issues.
Let’s considered some common oral problems and their preventing methods:
1: Tooth Cavity
The tooth cavity is a common dental problem that occurs when a sticky bacteria, called plaque, builds up on your teeth. It slowly destroyed the outer shell of your teeth called enamel. Mainly, the plaque is produced from food high in sugar or starch content settling on the surface of the teeth. Bacteria inside your mouth feed on sugar and starch thus it leads to tooth decay or tooth cavity.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth twice in a day with fluoride toothpaste after drinking or eating.
- Avoid eating snacks and drink soft drinks frequently.
- Rinse with mouthwash.
- Visit your dentist regularly at least every 5months.
2: Bad Breath
Bad breath is commonly known as Halitosis. It is a common problem in which a person’s breath has an unpleasant or foul odor. It can be caused by gum disease, cavities, dry mouth, and bacteria in your mouth. Along with this, there is a certain food that causes bad breath such as garlic, onions, sweets, or liquor among many others.
- Regularly brush your teeth after eating.
- Floss once at a day.
- Rinse with mouthwash.
- Gargle with fresh water after you eat.
3: Gum Disease
It is another common disease also known as periodontal disease. As per WHO there’re 15-25% of adults from around the world aged 35-44 years old have severe periodontal disease. It means by reaching 50 they lose the majority of their teeth. It is an infection of the gums surrounding your teeth. Smoking, dry mouth, and diabetes are the main reasons for gum disease.
- Brush your teeth at least two to three minutes regularly.
- Floss daily to remove plaque from those areas where the brush can’t be reached.
- Eat a healthy diet.
4: Cracked Teeth
A cracked tooth is a common dental problem that requires urgent treatment. It can result from chewing on hard foods, grinding your teeth at night, and can even occur naturally as you age. Once your teeth cracked, it started sensitive to hot and cold which means the problem is more complex. Depending on the severity, your dentist may use a tooth-colored filling, crown, or veneer to fix your tooth.
Prevention Tip: Try to chew another side until you see your dentist.
5: Tooth Erosion
Another common dental problem requires urgent treatment. Tooth erosion is caused by the loss or wear of dental hard tissue by acids, not by bacteria. Its common symptoms range from sensitivity to more severe problems such as cracking.
- Eat with meals.
- Avoid eating snacks throughout the day.
- Avoid drink but if you want then look for low or no-sugar drinks.
6: Toothaches & Dental Emergencies
Toothaches and dental emergencies are very painful and scary. But don’t worry; by visiting the best dentist in chandler it can be easily treated. Several common oral problems require dental problems such as a broken or cracked tooth, an abscessed tooth, or a tooth knocked out in an accident.
- Always make use of amino free and fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth regularly especially after eating.
- Avoid too much intake of sugar contained products.
- A most important visit to your dentist for a regular checkup and proper cleaning after every 6 months.